Walk through of Dataporten for a developer¶
In this walkthrough we will show you all the details of Dataporten in practice from a developer’s perspective.
We will first demonstrate how to use Dataporten to protect an API, and then connect an application to obtain access to this API.
For the use case we will be using the [UNINETT Foodle service](https://foodl.org) – a simple survey and poll web tool.
- Step 1: The Dataporten API Gatekeeper
- Step 2: Registering the API Gatekeeper
- Step 3: Handling trusted requests from Dataporten API Gatekeeper
- Step 4: Registering our application in Dataporten
- Step 5: API Owner authorizes the client request
- Step 6: Implementing the application
- Step 7: Enduser accessing the service